In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Clark Fosler, Team Principal at M2 Analysis and Consulting. Visit M2’s website or email Clark.
During their conversation, Clark or Mary mentioned:
- Clark started in the title business and moved into commercial real estate, but eventually ended up in consulting and analysis for small businesses. Read about his work history here.
- When advising a business, Clark often suggests re-evaluating the positioning of employees for things like productivity, efficacy and optimization. Some employees might find more success in other areas of your company.
- Clark offers a high-level overview of the business consulting process including thorough questioning, organization and analysis. You can find a list of his services here.
- According to Clark, the title and settlement industry is seeing a lot of exhaustion, since many owners and managers have been in the business for a long time and haven’t been able to keep up the technological demands the pandemic enforced.
- The Silver Tsunami refers to the older generation of workers. Many of which are now looking to work fewer hours, to hand over their business to younger employees or to even sell.
- Compensation is critical to retaining employees, especially since there are so many competitive jobs on the market. Here are some ways to help determine fair compensation for your employees.
- As a business owner or manager, check in with your employees regularly, evaluating their happiness and motivators.
- Clark details what you should consider when looking to hire a business consultant. He says overall, a consultant’s job is to ask the right questions and offer guidance that aligns with your company’s goals.
If you’d like to contact the Commitment Matters podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast