In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Linda Aparo, National Director of Sales & Business Development at reQuire. If you’d like to learn more about her company, check out gorequire.com. Linda can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
During their conversation, Linda or Mary mentioned:
- Linda is a certified Master Gardener! Click here to read about what it means be a master gardener. This picture shows some of the volunteer work Linda’s done to receive her certification.
- Linda’s been in the real estate business for decades and started her own release tracking company, Final Trac, out of Connecticut in 2006. reQuire acquired it in 2014.
- Linda says 20% of closing files are inaccurately released and can take agents up to 107 hours to find and correct. reQuire eliminates the errors from the start, providing proper release tracking and reporting, document services, and title curative services to customers in all 50 states.
- Title curative provides a fix for defective titles. Linda provides several instances when you need title curative services.
- It’s important to understand first lien position. Linda says a lot of errors come along when lenders get liens mixed up. This video provides a basic explanation of first liens.
- Linda’s e-book Life of a Mortgage Loan Playbook can be an instructional resource to take you through the post-closing process.
- The pandemic’s impact on the job market has highlighted a greater need to outsource release tracking. Linda says solutions like reQuire can lower operational costs, reduce training time, and minimize the number of necessary hires at a title and settlement operation.
- Insurance underwriters should be aware of unreleased home equity lines of credit. Lenders should be sure to close them out and follow up to avoid a claim down the road.
- Check out ALTA’s Best Practices on how to protect and maintain customers’ trust and business.
- Linda gives an example of how fraud happens when releases aren’t tracked and recorded. This document from ALTA explains different types of fraud within real estate transactions and the steps to take to prevent them from happening to you.
If you’d like to contact the Commitment Matters podcast, email email@example.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast