In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Leslie Alessandra, Founder and CEO of Defi Unlimited. Visit their website or email them.
During their conversation, Leslie or Mary mentioned:
- Leslie’s story has become a hot topic across the country, especially within the technology and real estate sectors. Read the article here.
- Defi Unlimited, Leslie’s company, helps small businesses easily understand and get onto the blockchain.
- Defi Unlimited teamed up with Propy, a real estate transaction company, to list and perform the home auction.
- Leslie describes blockchain as a type of ledger that records transactions and isn’t controlled by a person, company or government, which helps prevent fraud.
- Multiple blockchains exist and anyone can add to them. Click here to learn more about blockchain platforms.
- Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have a specific value, and each has its own unique code, which can’t be altered. Leslie explains that you can connect it with the ownership of property.
- Although there was a transfer of property, there wasn’t technically a transfer of title. The sale came through the use of ownership interest transfers and the sale of the LLC. Leslie explains that properties as NFTs won’t get rid of title insurance, but rather alter the process and functions of it.
- Leslie took a lot of precautions during the process, making sure she understood local real estate laws and hired a real estate attorney. This article breaks down some of those procedures and weighs some of the pros and cons.
- Leslie plans to continue working on NFT home sales. Here is a preview of another home sale from Defi Unlimited.
If you’d like to contact the Commitment Matters podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast